Welcome to a series of training developed by the National Disability Co-ordination Officer (NDCO) Program and Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET) to explore ‘disability’.
We currently have seven e-Learning program sets available:
- Introduction to Disability Awareness is for individuals to undertake and focuses on promoting an awareness of disability and the impact that societal attitudes and inherent stigma and discrimination have on the lives of people with disability.
- Orientation for External Support Workers in Tertiary Settings focuses on the roles and responsibilities of workers who are externally employed (paid or unpaid) by individuals and organisations to provide support to students with disability in tertiary settings.
- Secondary School Staff and Educators (Qld) This program supports school staff in providing quality information and advice to secondary students with disability who aim to engage in a tertiary education pathway (VET and higher education).
- Supporting Blind and Vision Impaired Students Online (previoulsy titled ‘Online Access for Tertiary Students who are Blind or Vision Impaired’) is designed for education staff working in the tertiary sector and focuses on a range of practical solutions and strategies to address access barriers experienced by learners who are blind or vision impaired.
- UDL in Tertiary Education is for educators and focuses on the principles and practices of Universal Design for Learning in tertiary settings.
- VET Staff Supporting Students with Disability is designed specifically for staff who work in the VET Sector and focuses on promoting awareness about the rights of students with disability, the needs and requirements of students, and responsibilities of registered training organisations.
- VET Educators Supporting Students with Disability is designed specifically for VET Educators and focuses on promoting a range of practices such as universal design for learning and reasonable adjustments, to support the development and implementation of inclusive delivery and assessment strategies, responsive to the needs and requirements of students with disability.
These e-Learning program sets are free for individuals to undertake online.
e-Learning Program Sets
External Support Workers
This program focuses on orientation to the roles and responsibilities of external support workers who provide support to students with disability in tertiary settings.
**The links contained within the website are provided to assist you in pursuing your interest in particular disability topics. By providing these links, the NDCO Program and ADCET do not endorse or take responsibility for the information contained on the organisation’s websites. You are encouraged to make your own enquiries with these organisations, or organisations in your local area or state, if you have any specific questions.